We offer full Brass repair and services from our experienced full-time staff.
From dent removal, valve and slide maintenance, and professional cleaning our shop prides itself on its professional work.
|Boone Welding Bracing on a Trumpet||Tools of The Trade|
Polishing Raw Brass
|We can hand polish (without buffing) raw brass or raw nickel instruments. Any instrumentthat is not lacquered will eventually become tarnished. This is an un-lacquered french horn that sat for about 15 years. After Ultrasonic cleaning and hand polishing, it came right back to life.|
|Ernie Williamson Music Repair Shop is the only shop in the area equipped with a 90 gallon Ultrasonic Cleaner. Ultrasonic cleaning is an innovative method of cleaning musical instruments through the use of high frequency sound waves and a biodegradable, environmentally friendly cleaning solution. Transducers mounted in the tank create tiny bubbles which clean and scrub the entire instrument in a safer, more thorough manner than traditional mechanical or chemical cleaning methods.|
Ultrasonic Flush & Clean
- Disassemble horn
- Remove all corks, felts, water-key pads, rotor bumpers, etc…
- Clean instrument in Ultrasonic cleaner, using ultra-safe biodegradable cleaner
- We then use air powered nylon brushes to clean the interior of the instrument and slide tubes
- Pistons, rotors, and slide tubes are polished
- Measure valve/rotor port alignment and check with borescope
- Reassemble horn with new corks, felts, synthetic water-key pads, orange silicone rotor bumpers, etc…
Call or come by the store to setup an appointment for your instrument.